Thursday, November 24, 2011

Coldplay's coming to FIX ME. New Year's Eve concert in Abu Dhabi.

Best Blogger Tips
Panic stricken. Yes, that's me when I learned that my closest friends wouldn't be here to welcome the New Year with me.  They will go on vacation, without me - waaaahh - life is so unfair.  A couple of weeks in the Philippines with their families, friends, pets, etc and I'm not even jealous (sarcasm to the highest level).  I was on the verge of losing sanity when I learned that someone very special is flying over here to Dubai for a visit and will celebrate the New Year with me (kung sino ito, abangan).  That made me feel better, it was like getting redemption.  On top of that, seven-time Grammy Award Winner Coldplay is going to rock on New Year's eve to kick off the Volvo Ocean Race in Abu Dhabi, this is pure salvation baby!  

Coldplay is a band that I actually like very much.  This British alternative rock band was formed in 1996.  From 'Starfish' they changed their name to 'Coldplay' in 1998.  The release of the single 'Yellow' brought them to fame in the year 2000.  So these four talented guys, Chris Martin (lead vocals, keyboards, guitar), Guy Berryman (bass guitar, backing vocals), Jonny Buckland – (lead guitar, backing vocals) and Will Champion – (drums, percussion, backing vocals) is set to do their electrifying performance at a stage next to the purpose-built Volvo Ocean Race Destination Village on the Corniche Breakwater. The Volvo Ocean Race will run from December 31, 2011 until January 17.

Their rainy Abu Dhabi performance in 2009 brought together a crowd of 20,000 fans.  It was such a phenomenal show and I hate that I missed that.  I'm really grateful for this chance to catch these guys live on stage.  Tickets will go on sale Monday (28th Nov) at 12  noon. Please check Think Flash's website for more details.  See you guys there!

These are photos of their concert in Abu Dhabi in 2009:
Love these guys.
You rock, Chris Martin!
The rain didn't stop the music.

Check out this music video of "Yellow", my favorite color and my favorite song.


"Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
And you know for you I'd bleed myself dry.
For you I'd bleed myself dry..."
                   - Coldplay

0 comments:

Post a Comment