Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sizzle at Faustino's

Best Blogger Tips
Sad news befell our family about 2 weeks ago. My dad was diagnosed with a kidney disease, see previous entry. We just left the doctor's clinic still trying so hard to absorb the reality of what we learned. In the meantime, I needed comfort. I guess we were all in need of some pretty serious comfort food for lunch. Amidst the anguish and confusion, daddy was the one who cheerfully suggested where we should eat. We were in search of a place that grills fish, since we consider that least threatening for his diet. And off we went to Faustino's Sizzler in Timog Avenue, Quezon City. Daddy said he ate there a lot, proudly boasting how good the food is. So there, after a few discussions and some quiet moments, we reached the restaurant.

Timog Avenue is a known strip for restaurants, bars and cafes. When I saw Faustino's, I had second thoughts. The facade didn't look as fabulous as the others. But seriously, we can never really tell about a place from what you merely see in the outside. Looks can be deceiving right?  As expected, I was proved otherwise.  When I got inside and tasted the food, I knew I was home.


Forcing a smile. =)
On me:
Asymmetric dress: Zara
Jelly sandals: Vivienne Westwood for Melissa
Turtle ring and neckpiece: Claire's

Prejudged facade
=)
The Menu
Corner
 Ready to order
Comfortably simple furniture
   Parang gusto kong orderin lahat!
I miss my mom.
I miss you!
  Welcome to my sala! hahahaha =)
Mashado ko nang F na F. LOL!
Baby bro and me. =)
Wine rack.
  The bar.
Booze 
 And lots of it.
Napapakanta ako ng "Just as I walk through the door, I can feel your emotion." Alam na. =D
"Kalesa" painting - summed up the Pinoy touch.
CHEEEEESSEEE! =D
Chicharong Bulaklak- TO DIE FOR.
Adobong Native na Manok - an instant favorite. I missed sucking on native chicken. 
Kalderetang Kambing (goat meat stewed in tomato sauce) - Ooohhlalaaaa! =D
Laing (Taro leaves) - Spiced up my afternoon
Grilled Tuna - For daddy
Only in da Pilipins.  TUBERO ads everywhere.  

I'm not a food and a restaurant critic.  I won't show off my knowledge of food (since I rarely have enough).  What I was training hard for however is the art of enjoying myself.  One of the things I greatly enjoy is eating out.  All I can say is that I really enjoyed dining in Faustino's.  It's like eating at home - no fancy eating pressure.  It offers a setting that allows patrons to focus on the food's succulence.   


If you may want to try it out, restaurant is located at 72-C Sct. Torillo, Timog Ave. Quezon City



"Food is our common ground, a universal experience."

                                                        - James Beard




0 comments:

Post a Comment