Thursday, February 16, 2012

Red letter night at Red Lobster

Best Blogger Tips
I'm frequently daydreaming about my last vacation and overly fantasizing about my next one.  Of course my friends would have to pull me back to reality.  I'm here, back in the desert, back to counting numerous days until I'm home again.  I've been residing here for a couple of years now and I never got over the homesickness stage.  "I get by with a little help from my friends.." - this Beatles' song became my anthem from the first day I was here. I've realized that I have been truly blessed by the friends that came into my life.  No matter how crazy they get, they always bring me hope and comfort.


Before I get mushy and all, let me just share with you this hell of a night out I had with this insane bunch.  I think it was the first time I went out with friends after the break.  It's a vicious cycle you know, after each vacation I always become the most unsociable person on earth.  I was glad my friend Ia invited us girls for dinner in celebration of her new work.  I'm happy for her, right now I can say I know exactly how she feels.  I got a new job by the way.  I found something better, way better.  I just filed my resignation yesterday and it feels so damn good to break free.  Before I burst with excitement, let's get back to that night.


We had dinner at the Red Lobster in Dubai Mall.  I recently found out that the founder Bill Darden opened the first restaurant in Lakeland, Fl. in 1968.  That's quite a history and over the years their passion to create great seafood dishes and experiences remains the same.  The resto here in Dubai opened mid of last year.  We have been planning to visit the place for quite sometime so thank you Ia for this timely chance.



The entrance
 Hungry Rona
Monster Rach
Menu
Hmmm.
Menu in photos
Rona and Ia
I wasn't there when they ordered because I came in late.  I had a hot stone massage appointment at the Karisma Ladies Center after the session I was feeling a bit squishy I seriously wanted to sleep.  Of course I wouldn't miss out on this chance to make chika with the girls.  Gora pa rin kahit late. So I've no idea what they ordered, food was on the table when I got there, nilafuks ko na lang lahat. =) I'm sorry I can't name the dishes. 
Bread
Fresh Fish. Live Lobster.
 Pizza
Lobster 1
Lobster with seafood skewers maybe? 
=)
Shrimp and lobster
Pasta
I missed you so much Tine!
Default face ni Beb kapag kausap si Rona, LOL
Hello Chinese collars!
Chat, Rona, Ia
Deadma sa chika, lafangga muna. Hahahaha.
Dubai Fountain, Kaya loves this fountain
My girls Tine and Rach
Intense chika
Ayaw paawat
Happy =)
Eksaheradas =)
Chat and Rona
Anyare Rach?
=)
=)
A peek at the lobsters
Titig moment
First take
Second take
Last na talaga
=)
=)
=)

The service was flawless and the fact that it's located beside the Dubai Mall fountain, the ambiance was awesome.  I just wish I could say the same about the food.  It was bland, least I expected from a brand known for it's delicious seafood menu.  I'm not sure if they prepare it like they do in the US, but here in Dubai, I can absolutely say there's nothing special about the food.  It helped that I was famished when I reached the resto because I was able to finish my plate.  Otherwise, I would spend the entire evening chatting with the crazies.  Still I'd like to thank Ia for the treat and my girlfriends for making my night fantastic.  

Red Lobster
Tel: +97143253131
Ground Floor; The Dubai Mall
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
www.redlobster.com


“One of the delights of life is eating with friends, second to that is talking about eating. And, for an unsurpassed double whammy, there is talking about eating while you are eating with friends.”

- Laurie Colwin 'Home Cooking'

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty in red....

Post a Comment