Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Summer, we've been waiting

Best Blogger Tips
"Summertime,
Child, your living's easy.
Fish are, fish are jumping out
And the cotton, Lord,
Cotton's high, Lord so high."


I love this Janis Joplin song. It has always been number one on my summer soundtrack. I've managed to create one a year ago, check this link. I'm tired of winter, it's cold and I want a little heat back. I want to go to the beach, wear my shorts and tees, and not freeze to death. Summer isn't really something you look forward to when you live in the desert. Well, this summer is a little bit different. My friends and I are going to Maldives. It was one of those "I finally did something spontaneous!" moments. I was caught up in their excitement and agreed to go along. 

We managed to book a flight and get a hotel reservation just about two weeks ago. Now I'm on to a bigger challenge, deciding what to wear, hahahaha. It's shallow I know, but I learned in a recent study that choosing outfits for work, nights out, dinner parties, holidays, gym and other activities means the average female will spend 287 days rifling through their wardrobe. The study - which was based on an adult lifetime from the age of 16 to 60 - found most women will spend around 20 minutes deciding what to wear before hitting the town on a weekend night. Weekend pa lang yan ha, paano na kaya kung holiday trip diba? Stuck in panic mode, we hit the mall right away. 

This summer, I promised myself to be more girly. I'm really the shorts and tees kind of gal. So for a dash of a little spice in my boring life, I'll try to sneak in a bolder wardrobe. We hurriedly went to the mall, and in one store I found gold! Kidding, here are some of my great finds from Zara. Some of them I already bought (excited), some I'm still lusting about. 

Two piece dress

 Printed dress

 Open-back dress

 Digital print dress

 Shirt with tulle front

 T-shirt with lace back

 Palm tree dress

 Draped dress

Combined t-shirt

 Dress with contrasting hem

 Open back shirt

 Skirt with asymmetric hem

 Flag t-shirt

 Open waist dress

 Blouse with print on front

 Dress with lace details

 Extra long shirt

 Printed skirt


A lot of good stuff considering this all came from one store.  You might want to stick around for the beach wear edition.  Rach and I found a lot of fantastic stuff from Asos, some items are on sale so you better do some serious mouse clicking now.  Filled with enthusiasm, my crazy Rachell made a manual-like photo collection of what we must have for the trip and surprisingly it made things easy. It gives us direction 'cause it's easy to lose focus when you're in the mall (parang gusto mong bilhan lahat, chos).  More to come so stick around. I know, I'm so stoked.


“So here’s to all those summer nights when my feet hit the sand and the waves break my fall and all my friends around me out number the stars.”

~Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment